Bookings We ask for 20% deposit to confirm your booking and the remainder six weeks prior to your holiday. We are happy to hold a reservation for you for a period of seven days but after that, unless we receive your deposit, the reservation will be cancelled. Payment can be done by bank transfer. Any charges raised by our bank for handling dishonoured cheques, international bank transfers charges or any other payments will be passed on to the guest. On receipt of the booking charge we will send an email confirmation to you; this constitutes the formal acceptance of the booking.
Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 21 years of age. At the time of booking the number of guests should be declared.
Cancellation: In the event of cancellation less than six weeks before a holiday begins, the whole rent is payable unless we succeed in re-letting. With more than six weeks notice, the deposit only would be forfeit. In the unlikely event of the Owner cancelling a booking, then all payments that have been made with respect to the Rental shall be reimbursed to the Client. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability exceed the amount paid for the rental period.
Arrival and departure All holidays start and finish on a Saturday, unless otherwise stated. Tenancies commence at 4:00 pm on the first day and terminate at 10:00 am on the day of departure.
All Loganrockholidays cottages are a non smoking properties.
Linen and towels: All bed linen and towels are provided but we do not provide beach towels. We offer a discount for bringing your own duvets and towels, please enquire if interested. If you have young children please bring waterproof mattress protectors.
Heating, electricity and water are included in the rental; however we ask our guests to be considerate of the use of the facilities and pleade not leave lights (including external lights) and appliances on unnecessarily.
Tenants obligations The tenants shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. Any damage or breakages made during the holiday occupancy must be reported and paid to the Owner. The Guests right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:
* More (or different named) people or pets than declared at the time of booking attempt to take up occupation.
* Overnight guests are entertained without the Owners express permission.
* Any activity is undertaken which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance. Parties or events are not allowed on the premises
* Smoking in a designated "No Smoking" property.
* Use of the parking area by cars owned by others than the guests staying in the holiday barns If, in the opinion of the owner, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be treated by as discharged and the owner may repossess the property immediately. The guest will remain liable for the whole cost of rental and no refund shall be due.
Pets Well behaved dogs are welcome off seaon (ie not during July and August) but need to be confirmed on booking enquiry. An additional charge of £40 per week per dog is requested. A maximum of 2 well behaved small/medium size dogs are welcome in Bleujenn and Glencoe and one in Gwennel barn. Young pets i.e. puppies (under one year of age) are not allowed in the property. Guests willing to take their dog must declare to the owner at the time of booking and authorised. If a dog pet is taken to a property without the consent of the owner this could result in you being asked to leave.
We ask dog Owners to observe the following rules (failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave without compensation):
*Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in the property and the designated outside areas. Any fouling of lawns etc. must be cleared up without delay.
*The owner must bring the dog's bed or basket for sleeping in.
* Dogs must not be left alone in the property or elsewhere at any time.
* Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms.
* Dogs must not lie on beds or furnishings, and hair must be well cleared up before departing.
* Dog owners must ensure that their pets are brushed, free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent charges.
*Any damage (which must be reported to the owner immediately) or excessive cleaning that may incur an additional charge, which will be at the owners discretion.
Additional terms A Security Deposit of £100, against damage or loss to the property or its contents, is payable, in the form of PayPal transfer (please ask for details). However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s responsibility to the Owner. We shall account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the totality or the balance due within 7 days of the end of the holiday.
The Owner or his representative shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
We have compiled this information and our website as accurately as possible. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside our control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility. Mistakes may occur from time to time and confirmation should be requested prior to booking. Matters Beyond Our Control We do not accept responsibility for any matter beyond their control or for the effects any works may have on your enjoyment of the property. This does not affect your statutory rights. We will always endeavour to ensure that advertised services such as broadband are working but in the unfortunate event of a breakdown, no compensation or refund will be due.